With KGOIII the quality of mix and paving improves in several major aspects:
- more homogeneous asphalt mix due to more even and stable distribution of the filler and of the bitumen (a homogeneous suspension)
- production at lower temperature without additives
- complete coating of the coarse ballast material by the binder
- thicker bitumen film covering the coarse ballast
- secured cohesion of the binder face to the surface of ballast material
- improved surface structure without tendency of deforming by viscous flow
- longer life time of the road pavement
- option for the contractor to get a better price due to higher product quality (benefit on the longer lifetime of the pavement)
The use of the KGOIII Asphalt Mixing method contributes to the Public welfare. The benefits for road users, private as well as professional drivers, are significant concerning:
- traffic security
- road comfort
- the use of tax revenues
- less pollution
When mixing with the KGOIII method there are considerable environmental advantages:
- less bitumen consumption
- less energy need for asphalt production and
- paving due to lower mix temperature
- less discharge of waste gases from the heating
- less smoke and smell from the mix during the
- production and at the paving site
- 100% longer free of damage life time of the road pavement (doubled life time)
- fewer accidents due to improved road surface structure
- CO2 emmision is 2,6 kg per liter for heating oil only. 7 000 000 ton makes less emission by 17 500 000 kg CO2.
The KGOIII method involve considerable economical savings regarding material and longer lasting pavings.
- 10% less bitumen (5 litre/ton lower content)
- 15% less heating oil at only 130-140°C
- production temperature (1,5 litre/ton lower
- energy consumption)
- 100% less rate of consumption of asphalt paving over time, due to doubled extended durability
- 100% more investment value for the pavement owner
In Sweden alone the savings, by using the KGOIII method with doubled life cycle compared to the conventional method, are approximately 2,5 billion SEK every year. This amount includes the Swedish municipalities.
The marketing potential for the KGOIII mixing method is vast and could cover the whole world, if there is a marketing organisation that has the right recourses.
Only in Sweden the amount of production of asphalt mixes amounts to 7 000 000 tons per year. In Europe the production rate is 300 000 000 tons per year.